[TriLUG] email obfuscating

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Mon Aug 12 19:20:29 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 18:44, Joey O'Doherty wrote:
> I was browsing the trilug email archives and I noticed that email
> addresses in the body of a message (eg in a signature) are available in
> all their glory for spam harvesters.  Is there any hope of obfuscating
> them automatically in the archives?  Or should they be spam-proofed from
> the user side anyway?

[vice chair hat off]

IMHO, this should be up to the end users.  I have a bad feeling in my
stomach about altering the body of a message, no matter how good the
intentions are.  Who am I to second guess the intentions of someone who
puts their email address in the body of their message?

--
-=[*Thunder Bear*]=-
+[Upchuckee Nation]+

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is
 dressed in overalls and looks like work."
	-Thomas A. Edison