[TriLUG] OT: Webhosting Recommendations

Scott Stancil sstancil at geekrooms.com
Wed Aug 14 16:34:25 EDT 2002

I recently selected Webaxxs as a hosting solution for a couple
commercial and personal websites I own.  The problem is they had
problems with the order process the night I ordered and emailed my Yahoo
account all of my personal information, including full credit card
information.  After reading the headers, one of the salesman confirmed
that they email credit cards internally, unencrypted.  Needless to say,
that makes me nervous.  (If you don't recognize Webaxxs, they are
essentially OLM.net as seen on TechTV. Webaxxs seems to be OLM's
unadvertised, UNIX/Linux-oriented sister company.)

*I have 3-4 domains, I really need to host one domain while parking the
orthers and redirecting in.
*300-400MB of space
*Email support for the primary domain with aliases and POP3
*Mailing list support would be great
*CGI support
*MySQL or PostgreSQL support would be great as well
*Have a deadline of September 1

Anyone have recommendations?

Scott Stancil
sstancil at geekrooms.com