[TriLUG] OT: Webhosting Recommendations

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Aug 14 17:06:13 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-14 at 14:34, Scott Stancil wrote:
> I recently selected Webaxxs as a hosting solution for a couple

[*snip*]

> *I have 3-4 domains, I really need to host one domain while parking the
> orthers and redirecting in.
> *300-400MB of space
> *Email support for the primary domain with aliases and POP3
> *Mailing list support would be great
> *CGI support
> *MySQL or PostgreSQL support would be great as well
> *Have a deadline of September 1
>
> Anyone have recommendations?

I'm fond of Hurricane Electric:

  http://www.he.net/spaceservices.html

and have been with them since the mid-90's.  They were early Linux users
and are quite clue-full about Open Source in general.  The few problems
that I've had (<1 incident/year) were handled promptly and courteously
by their tech support folks.

Disclaimer: my only connection to them is as a customer.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/edhill.php
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phone:  303-273-3483    Fax: 303-273-3311