[TriLUG] Sun Jumpstart experts?

Robert A. Henderson rah at ntrnet.net
Fri Aug 16 10:25:37 EDT 2002

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Ben Pitzer wrote:

> Actually, they do have to be on the same subnet.  We use them here at RR,
> and must build all boxes on one subnet, then reconfigure the network info to
> put it on another.  I prefer it that way, because we can segregate that
> subnet from the world so that if for some odd reason we have to leave a box
> unpatched to go work on another issue or emergency, it isn't out where the
> world could potentially see it and crack it.

I'm not looking to start an arguement since I have zero experience with
JS, last SUN OS I used was SUN OS 4.3. However this link specifically
implies they *don't* have to be on the same subnet. Along with a lot of
other cavets.

http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/retrieve.pl?doc=finfodoc%2F40134&zone_32=Jumpstart&wholewords=on