[TriLUG] Sound recording/editing/archiving - where to start?

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 19 14:04:03 EDT 2002

Oh gee Roy, leave it to you to check up on me :)

I haven't done anything yet. I just got them up and running on a
computer quickly (using 98 for now) so they can run slide shows. I may
have access to some Macs (older G3s) so I'm checking into those and
whether they would be sufficient for what I need. Thunderbear and Wade
have intrigued me with their talk of OSX :)

Sounds like what you are trying to do is more intensive on the computer
side than what I'm doing. We already have a board (32 channels?) for the
mixing and such. Yeah, I know I was supposed to get specs on the
hardware already there :) Maybe I can get that this week.

The ideal situation would be to record one hour at a time and be able to
edit that and store it for later retrieval. The Mac wouldn't have to
hold everything - I can get another computer (maybe) to act as a server
for storage or just burn everything onto tons of CDs :)

Keep me up to date on your project Roy :) and I'll let you know if I run
into anything interesting too!

Lisa B.