[TriLUG] odd question of the day.

Robert Wagoner RAWagoner at mactec.com
Tue Aug 20 10:53:21 EDT 2002

Greg,

I know that EPA does have some Linux-powered servers inside; we have
clients there.  They run multiple other OSes as well, depending on the
work needed.  (Choosing different tools for different tasks, what a
concept!)  I think their public-facing boxes are all either Solaris or
Tru64, but am not certain.

Can't say more than that.

--
Robert

>>> gregbrown at mindspring.com 8/19/02 8:21 PM >>>
Does anyone here work at the EPA or know anything about their computer

infrastructure?  Rumor has it the EPA has gone to Linux in a big way
but I
can't find anything on their website about Linux at all.  This whole
thing
started started because I'm trying to find an area of the government
where
Linux has made some inroads.  So far the DOD has some rabid Linux users
but
no official Linux policy other than to say DOD people shouldn't run
Linux.