[TriLUG] LDAP Question

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Tue Aug 20 14:40:19 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 11:21, Ben Simpson wrote:
> I noticed that someone setup a linux box with LDAP installed.
> I have LDAP installed on a Debian machine and would like to know whats the
> easiest way to add a user to it.

I found the smbldap tools to be useful.  Even if you aren't doing Samba
domain controller stuff, it will just put unused records in your LDAP
directory that's all.  But more importantly it will also create your
POSIX entries.

These are command line scripts but pretty easy to use.  Similar to
adduser but easier, IMHO.  You set most of the defaults in the top of
this perl script and you basically just feed it a username and then set
the password after the account is created.

--
-=[*Thunder Bear*]=-

Wedding videos $500 if you book by August 31 -
http://yonderway.com/video