[TriLUG] Libuser

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman at debian.org
Tue Aug 20 14:57:14 EDT 2002

Tanner Lovelace <lovelace at wayfarer.org> writes:
> It's in the 7.3 installs on the trilug machines.  And it wasn't
> something we installed special, it was already there.

I meant to say <= 7.1, which are the only machines I have direct
access to at the drop of a hat.

On a tangent, although I guess ibiblio is probably a good source for
many of you, I'll just mention that if its performance is less than
what you want, check out mirrors.hiwaay.net---you should get excellent
bandwidth from most providers.

> Well, since the license is LGPL, you might consider forking it off
> and making it more generic.  Of course, that comes with its own set
> of problems. :-)

Yeah.  Let's just say, the balance between "maintain own perl code"
vs. "maintain fork of someone else's lib" leans heavily towards the
former.

Mike.