[TriLUG] LDAP Question

Ben Simpson ben at silextech.com
Wed Aug 21 12:29:43 EDT 2002

Cool.  thanks.  I will look into why uid is not working and change all my cn
to uid.

to get KDA to work i had to put in the ou.  ex. ou=people  that seem to get
it to work.  I also had to type out the location of admin.  cn=admin,
o=blah,c=blah
unfortunatly KDA didn't give me an error so that I can type the correct
syntax in.

I guess you can't start out in the "root"  so that you can see all the ou's
out there.  You have to start in an ou.
I have been reading about both of these and I think that DA is much better.
Password encryption support and sendmail aliasing. etc....

I think that DA will not enter in the ldap entries because it complains
about unidentified object or class.  So there maybe something wrong in the
schema.  Or I am not including the schema that it is looking for.

Ben