[TriLUG] HOW do you get PHP TO PARSE in PERL script?

Reginald Tchume zregt at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 24 12:49:01 EDT 2002

Hello, Joseph:

Thank you for offering to help me with this. Frankly, I feel lost when
trying to use this specialized knowledge you have about CGI and PHP.

Here's what I set out to accomplish:

I have embedded in an HTML code (webpage) this PHP script that will echo the
respective email address of a member when a condition is met. You can view
the code here in the VIEW SOURCE: http://careere.com/members/noah/email.html

The variable on demand here is the: $username = ~username~;

The PHP script runs fine when not handled thru the CGI script of my database
software: As you can see here: http://careere.com/email.html

What I need is to get the PHP to parse in this URL:
http://careere.com/members/noah/email.html  Is something I need to embed in
the <head></head> of the webpage to make this parse?

I am hosted on a Linux server with PHP4 and MySQL facilities.

Thank you greatly for your help!
Reggie