[TriLUG] What to do when KDE freaks out?

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Sat Aug 24 22:10:28 EDT 2002

this has happened to me as well with certain KVM switches.  my belkin
omni-cube 4-port works great here at home, but some of my customers have
other models that lose the kbd and/or mouse on the linux boxes.  yet the
windows machines are fine, even on identical hardware.  usually i only
lose the mouse, so a ctrl-alt-backspace to close X usually lets me get
away with it.  i think some cheap KVM switches are just not linux-friendly
(or linux is not cheap KVM switch friendly) so i'd consider trying a
different switch first.

jason