[TriLUG] Repeating Keys

Matt Matthews jvmatthe at math.duke.edu
Mon Aug 26 19:50:08 EDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 06:44:56PM -0400, Jeff Bollinger wrote:
> For some reason I cannot get a repeating key sequence anymore (I can't
> hold down backspace to erase more than one character.)  I did not make
> any changes to the BIOS.  How can I set my keyboard back to the
> "repeating" mode?

I'm going to assume you're using X. The program to change this in X is
something like:
xset r rate 250 35

That's 250ms delay and repeat at 35Hz. If that doesn't automatically turn on
the autorepeat (I think it should) then:
xset r on

To check the current settings:
xset q

And to see all xset options:
xset

If this isn't a problem for xset, then I'm not sure where the problem lies.

Regards,
matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2811        \ Use GNU/Linux  _o) w00t
Duke Univ., Postdoc\ jvmatthe at math.duke.edu  \____________   /\\