[TriLUG] adding VFAT FS to a RH 7.3 install

Daniel Monjar Daniel.Monjar at na.biomerieux.com
Wed Aug 28 11:36:15 EDT 2002

I have a RH 7.3 install that doesn't currently support the VFAT FS.  Can I
easily add support to my install?  I know I can do it through a kernel
recompile but is there an easier way, like adding a module somewhere?

BTW:  I'm getting a new Olympus digital camera and it presents its memory
card as a VFAT FS accessable via USB.  For Windows it just a plug the
camera into the USB port and you see a new disk drive.  With USBFS and VFAT
support it should be almost that easy: http://www.harald-schreiber.de/

--
Daniel Monjar
IS Manager, Technical Services