[TriLUG] Ticketing system for Linux?

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Thu Aug 29 08:56:14 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 08:42, Thomas C. Meggs wrote:

> Yeah... hands down one of the best OSS ticketing systems I've used. We
> actively use it at work to manage requests.

Yeah, we're using it too.  BE WARNED that although I love PostgreSQL it
is very much *not* suited to RT, use MySQL instead.  PostgreSQL's
biggest fault is in handling large text fields, which is what 98% of
RT's database is.  We were seeing abysmal performance (ie, 10-seconds to
open a web page to view an existing ticket!) until we switched it over
to MySQL.

Once we switched over, everything's been peachy... RT is chugging along
very nicely with 20 or 30 thousand tickets in the database.

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/