[TriLUG] UPS Batteries

Greg Cox glcox at pobox.com
Thu Aug 29 10:44:12 EDT 2002

> I have two UPS's that recently quit UPSing.  It appears
> that the batteries are dead.  Is there a way to replace
> the batteries without getting a whole new UPS?

We had an old TrippLite 2200 that had to have its batteries
yanked.  Popped 'em out, took them to Batteries Plus in Cary,
got new ones for about $110 for the pair.  Put 'em back,
all happy.

If you won't kill yourself doing it, it's worth it to pop
it open, at least get the model number and give them (or someone,
I've no affiliation) a call for prices, see if it's worth it.