[TriLUG] KVM Switches

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 29 12:02:04 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 11:14, Vestal, Roy L. wrote:
> I'm not sure of your question, but the drivers in Windows provided either to
> MS by the mfg or directly from the mfg allow the changes.

Alright Roy, now you've confused me :) I know - nothing new!

Back when I was troubleshooting this I installed what I thought was the
latest driver on the Windows side - however it will not let me change it
from 60Hz. Maybe I need to search some more for a different driver? Or
is there something else that could be keeping it from changing? Others
are listed (not greyed out) but they don't stay on those settings
without warning messages.

> MS sets EVERY monitor install to 60Hz. I would assume this is since the
> original VGA monitors ran 60Hz. Kind of being "backwards compatible". I'm
> assuming that the Linux distro would use the same idea if they cannot DCC
> probe the monitor. Most LCD's have trouble using DCC probes to verify the
> monitor.

And I have absolutely no idea how to change this in Linux (Debian) :)

I'm glad you guys picked up this conversation again :) It's really a
pain to have to sync everytime I switch back and forth!

Lisa B.