[TriLUG] OT: Webhosting Recommendations

Scott Stancil sstancil at geekrooms.com
Thu Aug 29 12:09:23 EDT 2002

I wanted to thank everyone that made hosting recommendations.  I looked
through each and every recommendation and the Trilug archives'
recommendations as well.

Additionally, I have been in contact with Sprint to get DSL in my area,
being a Sprint territory and Time Warner to obtain a static IP address
at my pricepoint.  FYI, they have a new 512kbps symmetrical product
coming for $149 and a SOHO plan (512 or 256 up and 4 mbps down with 4
DHCP addresses) for $149 coming down the pipe, although I am not sure
how official that is...

After all of the researching, I came back to Webaxxs.  They are on a
trial basis after their little security mishap.  (First time shame on
you, second time shame on me.)  Their virtual server offering was just
too good for me to not try for my non-essential sites.  Maybe in a few
months, I will drop a report your way.

Again thanks for everyone's help educating me to current webhosting
offerings.

Scott Stancil