[TriLUG] Ticketing system for Linux?

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Thu Aug 29 15:03:40 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 13:45, Elliot Peele wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 08:56, Benjamin Reed wrote:
>

> > Once we switched over, everything's been peachy... RT is chugging along
> > very nicely with 20 or 30 thousand tickets in the database.
> >

> Yes, but how does it handle things when you end up with over 400,000
> tickets in the database. Thats the current number that remedy at state
> is at right now.

I'll let you know in a couple of years.  =)

It shouldn't be too hard to set it up on a local box and write a script
to inject a bunch of tickets into the queues to test performance.  It's
got a perl API and a mail interface, so there are numerous ways to do it
that shouldn't be terribly difficult.

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/