[TriLUG] from: address? official capacity?

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Thu Aug 29 19:15:31 EDT 2002

Evolution is part of the Ximian desktop.  www.ximian.com
Downloading from them can be very difficult to install unless you go
with there Ximian desktop (oh yeah, ximian is an X app, not command
line).  Best bet to get a copy of Evolution for your computer would be
to go to www.rpmfind.net (or your preferred package management, or look
for the tars) and use one someone else has setup against your distro.
Evolution has so many many dependencies that it can be overwhelming to
try and install from scratch (in my opinion).  Luckily a lot of the
recent distros are including it (at least Mandrake and Redhat, probably
others).  It's nice, I like it even more than Eudora Pro, it helped make
the final cut to linux only for me.

-David