[TriLUG] Ticketing system for Linux?

Thomas C. Meggs tom at plik.net
Thu Aug 29 20:56:58 EDT 2002

Hi Elliot,

RT may very well scale up to 400,000 tickets. However, it would appear
to me that the products are for two different market spaces. From my
understanding, Remedy is very much an Enterprise level application. It
supports a very high level of scalability, and has tested and proven to
work under very heavy loads. RT is self proclaimed as being for small to
mid-sized businesses. Remedy can also cost a good bit of money. But for
any small to mid sized shop, RT is good, free, and highly useful. Oh,
and did I mention free. And relatively easy to setup. The company that
puts it out, Best Practical, also offers support for it. And beyond
that, if it doesn't perform to Remedy's specs, when the time comes years
down the road I'm sure you could migrate it over. I've even heard some
rumblings of people doing that, so there might be a few people to help /
tools laying around.

Regards,
Tom