[TriLUG] Evolution gets the thumbs up

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Aug 30 18:42:56 EDT 2002

Alright, with all this praise for evolution floating around on the list,
I finally had to try it.  After all it comes in the default install with
Mandrake...

OK, so I love it!  There are you happy?

I've been a devout lover of Kmail for over a year now (it works just
like Outlook Express...), and I thought that was all I would ever want
in an email program - but I have to say, the auto-spell checking as you
type is a real winner!  Plus the formating right out of the box is
wonderful.

The feel is a little "exchange-ish" but not in a bad way.  The amazing
part is that all the extra buzzes and whistles don't seem to be slowing
down the basic functionality (and I'm running this on a 300Mhz system).
I hate to say it, but it really is a killer app.

Jon

======