[TriLUG] OT: Aedex BCW-700 barcode reader

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Sun Sep 1 20:50:02 EDT 2002

I bought one of the above for next to nothing on ebay and am now trying to
make it work. It's a standard "keyboard wedge" wand barcode reader, but
it's got a DIP switch on the front. The wand lights up when powered on,
but scanning lots of different barcodes yields nothing. (I know the
barcodes to be good because they scan with other wands.) I suspect this to
be a configuration issue, but can't find any information on this
model. Anybody have any experience?

Thanks, and sorry for the OT.

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu