[TriLUG] Recommended training?

Chris Knowles knowlesc at telocity.com
Thu Sep 5 06:27:46 EDT 2002

Great to hear that you are moving to Linux... wish we were.

That being said, I've been training one of our IS guys at a remote site
linux, and he's found and speaks highly of a book written for NT/2000
people moving to linux.  It doesn't the Patch and upgrade management,
but does address the previous items.

The book?
_Linux_For_Windows_NT/2000_Administrators_
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0782127304/qid=1031221352/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/102-0557032-5440932?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

His skills and such have proceeded nicely.

Also, I have found _Running_Linux_ (3rd edition) by O'Reilly to be an
invaluable, distro neutral resource.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/156592469X/qid=1031221460/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-0557032-5440932?v=glance&s=books

Hope this helps...

obnewlinuxthing:
Why hasn't anyone told me about rdesktop?  The only thing preventing us
from even looking at linux on the desktop now that things are getting
user-friendly was lack of a terminal server client.  I blame all of
you.  :)

CJK