[TriLUG] PCI ATA controllers

Mike Robinson robinson at fastmail.fm
Fri Sep 6 00:34:06 EDT 2002

The Promise card is also sold by Matrox (used to have a "free after
rebate" deal if you bought a 20G+ drive).  And, the "Standard" non-RAID
version (at least the Ultra 100 that I have) can be converted using <a
href="http://www.tweakhardware.com/guide/raid100/">a little hack</a>
... there's actually no real difference between the Ultra 100 and the
Fastrack 100...it's just a "trick" to make it think that it's the right
card :)

http://fastmail.fm/ - A fast, anti-spam email service.