[TriLUG] OT: Mac OS X list?

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Fri Sep 6 09:23:14 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 08:50, Greg Brown wrote:
> Hey All.  I've heard some grumblings on the list from people who are using
> Mac OS X and I'm curious if there are enough people to start a mailing list
> for that OS.  Trilug is where I'll always get my best Linux info and I don't
> want to put OS X questions out on Trilug because OS X really is not Linux.

Check out http://www.hardcider.org for the local OS X hardcore users.
I'm going to set up a mailing list but first I have to move the mailing
list services to another machine (TriLUG is actually hosting this
group's mailing lists and we're in the middle of a major infrastructure
change ourselves).

> The reason I'm asking this on Trilug is I'd like to attack OS X from the
> point of view of a Linux user new to the Mac and OS X so the Trilug list
> seemed like a logical place to start.

That's exactly the spirit behind Hard Cider.  There is an existing Mac
users group in the area but they don't cater to the UNIX-y guys.  There
is also an existing BSD group but they only meet when they feel like it
and the meetings are just pizza & beer socials.  Not to mention they
intentionally meet on the same night as TriLUG.  Hard Cider is being
started by a handful of TriLUG members, headed up by Bill Vinson, with a
few others working on getting the web site together & mailing lists
(thats on my plate), etc.

--
-=[*Thunder Bear*]=-

Wedding videos $500 - http://yonderway.com/video