[TriLUG] OT: figuring out financial info for switching to Linux

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Fri Sep 6 17:18:06 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 01:41 pm, Lisa C. Boyd wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback Thunderbear :) I know all the good reasons why -
> guess I'm just a little worried about getting to the point where someone
> wants to see numbers. Like I said I'm not very good with numbers, but
> just maybe it'd be easier if I'm solving a problem while figuring this
> stuff out :)
>
> Thanks again!
> Lisa B.

Lisa,

Not too long ago I had a collection of URLs with plenty on info, including
several studies on cost comparisson of Microsoft/Linux shops. Not just
up-front costs, there were at least one study about the total costs in a two
or five (?) years of operations.

Ask to Vestal, Roy L. about the links that I sent him. Or wait until next
week, were I'll try to import those links from a networkless (argh!) machine.

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Red Hat Linux 7.3 - Kernel  2.4.18smp  Linux Machine # 38068