[TriLUG] sawfish using 100% CPU [RHL 7.3] ?

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Sep 17 12:00:05 EDT 2002

I recently upgraded a RHL 7.1 box to 7.3.  I'll admit I did it in an
unconvential way -- using apt-get instead of the Red Hat installer.
Overall that seemed to work pretty well, but I could see why there might
be some side effects.

Anyway, the problem is that after upgrading GNOME and sawfish, sawfish is
now using 100% CPU.  The system isn't slowing down noticeably, but this is
a bit troubling.  The window manager appears to work fine, so it's not
like it's locked up or anything.  Any idea why this would happen and what
can be done about it?

Using sawfish-1.0.1-9  under GNOME 1.4

Thanks,

Jeremy Portzer