[TriLUG] SSL Issues

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Sep 17 22:01:47 EDT 2002

My suggestion is to let Red Hat (or Mandrake) do it for you!

RH 7.2 installs with Apache + Mod_SSL + PHP with no problems, upgrading
using up2date has brought them up to the latest versions with no
problems.  Adding MySQL to the mix was similarly easy.

I haven't done this with RH 7.3 yet, but I can't imagine that there is
any problem.

I've done the install from scratch before on 6.2 systems and it takes
quite awhile, and there are a lot of dependencies that have to be met.
There was a very helpful HowTo that I downloaded off of the Apache site.
Still, RH 7.2 does all that automagicly (as it should!). If it is not
working for you out of the box, then I would suggest that you reinstall
and pay more attention during the installation process.  That is bound
to save you many hours.

Jon Carnes