[TriLUG] Network problem

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Sep 19 11:17:36 EDT 2002

Sort of an obvious thought, but why don't you simply replace the NIC? If
it was working fine yesterday, and you have already powered off the
machine and then powered it back on - the NIC is probably dead.

Other options to try:
 - swap out network cable
 - move to different port on hub/switch
 - swap out with similar working card from stock pile or less important
workstation/server.

Good Luck

BTW: you should only be running either IPchains or IPtables but not
both.  If you run "service ipchains stop" then it should flush out any
ipchains rules.  Similarly for iptables.

Jon Carnes
===