[TriLUG] kmail cannot send mail

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Sep 19 13:09:15 EDT 2002

That is all there is to it.

  Settings
    Configure KMail
      Network
        Click on the SMTP radio button
        Server: smtp-server.nc.rr.com
        Port: 25

Done.

If you are setting up a new Mail client, I highly recommend Evolution.
It comes stock with several distributions, and I just moved over to it
from Kmail.

Jon Carnes

BTW: if you have trouble sending via SMTP then try,
  telnet smtp-server.nc.rr.com 25
You should be able to attach to a RoadRunner SMTP server.