[TriLUG] upgrade mandrake-8.1 to 8.2

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Fri Sep 20 08:52:53 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 14:18, ray bordt wrote:
> i have the three 8.2 disks
> what are the magic words to do the upgrade?

Most probably, your computer can boot from the CD (maybe you will need
to activate this on your computer BIOS).

Simply, insert the CD 1, reboot the machine, and the installation will
start.

After defining language and keyboard, you should be presented with the
options "Install", "Upgrade" and "Advanced", if I remember correctly.

Select Upgrade and follow instructions from screen.

> thank for a newbie

Everybody has been a newbie sometime.

Salut,
Sinner