[TriLUG] Recommend HTML Editor

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Sep 20 09:27:03 EDT 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Robert Porter wrote:

> On Thursday 19 September 2002 02:45 pm, Vestal, Roy L. wrote:
> I have downloaded and installed Bluefish, and really like it, however the
> browser integration appears to be broken.  I have both Mozzilla and Netscape
> 7.0 installed and it will not launch either, I have tried modifying the
> external command line under preferences but so far no luck.
>
> Any suggestions?

I installed bluefish (been meaning to try it anyway), and had the same
problems.  It looks like the default external command line is wrong.
Strange that a product would ship with such an obvious bug.  Fortunately,
it's easy to fix.

Change the command line to read this:
	/usr/bin/netscape %s
or
	/usr/bin/mozilla %s

Make sure you use "netscape" and "mozilla," not "netscape-communicator" or
"mozilla-bin".  The first two are shell scripts which see if netscape or
mozilla are already running.  The latter are the actual binaries, and
trying to start those directly could cause problems / multiple instances /
other strangeness.

--Jeremy