[TriLUG] Suse releases exchange server clone ($999) no client licenses

Kevin Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Sat Sep 21 10:29:07 EDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-09-21 at 09:02, Jon Carnes wrote:
> It uses postfix as the MTA and Cyrus as the IMAP portion, and for the
> Webmail it uses something I have never heard of called SKYRiXgreen...
>
> Looking at Skyrix, they seem to be in the business of groupware using
> Open Standards - but I'm guessing that it's not open source.  I'm
> downloading the code now to look at it.

That would rock. One of the big weak points right now is lack of shared
calendar. I'm really interested in seeing how they do it (as long as
it's open source - GPL, BSD, etc - and I wouldn't be tainted by looking
at it). it's been one of my side projects for about six months to figure
out how to do it free & open.

I've just about cobbled together a solution using apache, mod_dav, and
Internet free/busy. The difficulty is in the Microsoft Outlook ical
files, which use a semi-non-standard undocumented way of publishing the
free/busy info. i.e. Mozilla calendar can't find the info, and Outlooks
ignores standard vcalendar files/tags (unless you import them) for
internet free/busy.

--
--         Kevin Sonney         --