[TriLUG] How much could a penguin make...

Chris Knowles knowlesc at telocity.com
Sun Sep 22 23:25:49 EDT 2002

... If a penguin could make money?

I'm about to embark on doing some work for a sometime business
acquaintance, and I have no idea what the going rate for computer
services are.

I've been (Trapped/Employed/Wanking) in the same job for several years,
and so have lost touch with things.

What are the ranges of hourly rates for doing things like setting up a
company's Mail server/Web server/Firewall?

When he asked me what I thought a fair rate was, I basically had to tell
him I'd get back to him.  done a little poking around on the web, but
what I'm finding there are either a) obviously old or b) hideously high.

Anyway, thanks for your insight/advice/limitless-greed.

CJK