[TriLUG] Recommend HTML Editor

Robert Porter robertporter at rp2c.com
Mon Sep 23 21:17:32 EDT 2002

On Monday 23 September 2002 01:54 pm, Jeremy Portzer wrote:

> Make sure you don't have any dead mozilla processes laying around --
> close all your browsers and type "ps aux| grep mozilla" to be sure.  (Or
> netscape if applicable -- which are you using?).  If you see some, kill
> them with -9.  That might fix the problem.
>
> Also, you should be able to type "mozilla http://www.trilug.org" at the
> command-line.  Does that work to open browser with that URL?  This has
> got to be a fixable problem!
>
> --Jeremy

It turned out to be that Netscape was not on my local path, and the path
encoded in the preferences dialog was wrong.  Also I took off the -remote
stuff and just left %s as the only parameter, which will always open a new
window but thats okay.

Thanks for the help, it was your second suggestion that led me in the right
direction.

--
Cheers,

Robert Porter			http://www.rp2c.com