[TriLUG] TriLUG Mirror Server login

Mike Broome mbroome at employees.org
Thu Sep 26 17:11:42 EDT 2002

John,

Do you have a firewall on your end?  Are you using passive ftp?  If
you're traversing a firewall, then you'll have to use passive ftp.
Normal ftp won't work because the server won't be able to open the high
data port to your client for the data transfer.  (That's what I'm
guessing is happening below, but I'm just guessing here.)

Mike

--
Mike Broome
mbroome(at)employees.org