[TriLUG] KVM recommendations

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Fri Sep 27 14:37:54 EDT 2002

I have a couple of OmniView switches (2 and 4 port models), but have had
the following issues:

Playng games: Since first person shooters use the ctrl key for jump, it
is very likely that you'll accidentally switch screens when you're
trying to avoid getting fragged while playing your favorite first person
shooter.
Don't buy one if you're using any logitech wireless mouse.  Wheel
support won't work under linux, and if you've got a thumb button, forget
about using it (even under windows).

BTW, my miniview (2 port ps2 kvm) doe not beep when switched.

Joseph