[TriLUG] Lulu Heat

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Sep 27 20:14:58 EDT 2002

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Michael Winslow Czeiszperger wrote:

> I took off work this afternoon to attend, and had to ask for my money
> back about about an hour. The heat must have been 95+ degrees in there
> with no air conditioning and hundreds of computers, and I felt faint.
> The exhibits where OK-- I had to leave the hands-on Lego Mindstorm
> session since after 30 minutes all we had done was put batteries in it,
> and the "instructor" didn't actually say anything about Mindstorms.

Sorry that you found the heat unbearable.  I agree it was toasty, but in
defense of Lulu, it was nowhere near 95.  Maybe mid 80s, and humid, but it
wasn't that bad.  I've been here all day and survived just fine.

I can't comment on the Mindstorms exhibit, but the stuff I can see from
the TriLUG booth (robotics, unreal tournament, etc.) is certainly what it
was billed as.  They're currently having a "battlebots" style contest in
the robotics area -- kinda cool.

--Jeremy