[TriLUG] Lulu Heat

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Mon Sep 30 09:32:22 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 01:19, uzoma nwosu wrote:

> Disclaimer: Some of you may know that I have promoted events in the music biz and some tech parties myself.  I did not attend the event so this is second from folks whom I consider reliable.  I do know some of the organizers and got personal feedback from them.

Hi Uzoma!

Nice seeing you posting again. It's been a while.

> So this is what I've gathered about Lulu:

> (...)

> Just my input...

> Uzoma

Now, I didn't attend to the Circus. But what I've read, the pictures
that I've seen and everything else has (almost) nothing to do with what
I was expecting from this show.

What was I expecting? Well, I cannot really explain, as it wasn't
explained to me to begin with. I expected something different, something
big. And I expected a bunch of users groups to show up, "traditional
style", by the posts to this list, and by what I (little) learned at the
last Internetworker's meeting.

Poor Lulu communication effort if I didn't know what kind of show this
was going to be.

In short, I didn't know what it really was about. So I spent the weekend
with my wife, doing some traveling around NC and watching "Jay & Silent
Bob Strike Back". I was tempted to go to Raleigh, though.... to attend
to the Greek Festival.

My 2 cents.

Salut,
Sinner