[TriLUG] Tech Circus wrap-up

Paul Jones pjones at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Sep 30 12:07:42 EDT 2002

i have watched to the forums at the site and they have been cleared of
dissent several times. i agree some of the dissent was raw and even
offensive, but i doubt that i would post there.

about the heat and blaming the gubermint. i have been to many dog shows in
the building in warm weather. the rolling doors were open and the big fans
are put in front. it's simple and helps a lot. for whatever reason the
doors were completely closed unless we begged to have them opened even
slightly. this is a show management problem not a state problem. the state
never represented the building as completely airconed. yellow shirts did
many good things and i don't blame them for keeping the doors down, but i
do blame folks further up the line.

bob should appologize to the vendor groups for his remarks in news forge.
non-profits like community-lead user groups don't have gobs of $$$ or
even gobs of time (and much of this on short notice). they did fine
considering the vision of the show that could be distilled from (gawd save
me) powerpoint slides.

on the other hand, my son had a wonderful time. he is a lego maniac, and
robot builder and a vr fan. he had a perfect 9 year old time on sunday and
asked if the show would be on this coming week end too.

                             Paul Jones
                    "Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!"
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As MetaLab.unc.edu
  pjones at ibiblio.org   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071