[TriLUG] Tech Circus wrap-up

Lisa C. Boyd lisab at moya.trilug.org
Mon Sep 30 14:02:33 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 13:51, Paul Jones wrote:
> just one last note on heat and dealing with it. lulu needs to own the
> problem -- as i tell my child and my students -- and quit blaming others.
> a dog show with 1/5 the staff can manage to pull the red rails in front of
> the doors and sit one staffer in front of them with a 'no admit' sign. and
> they are dealing with much larger crowds. i am not telling you how to run
> a show (or am i?), but saying that excuse after excuse only makes things
> worse.

Boy you are tough :) I like that though. Just remember I was a temp
employee so not really speaking for them, but just offering some
different viewpoints as to why things may have been done the way that
they were. You've definitely provided some good ideas on how to deal
with the heat better. I wish the heat hadn't taken away from the other
great stuff there though. Hopefully next time the climate will not be an
issue at all. I like the "own the problem" comment :)

Lisa B.