[TriLUG] Red Hat Linux 8.0

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Sep 30 15:22:11 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 12:58, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> Hi Ed,
>
> Passive mode on our ftp server is currently not working.
> Can you use active mode ftp?  That works fine.  If not,
> you can access the same mirror using http at http://mirrors.trilug.org/
> (username/password is the same as ftp: e-mail address and member #).

Thanks for the quick response, Tanner.  The basic command-line ftp
client only works with passive ("stream") mode:

  ftp> mode active
  We only support stream mode, sorry.

and I don't know how to set active mode in any other ftp clients.

So on to scp.  I don't have an account on mirrors.trilug.org.  I do have
an account on fatalpha and have no problem logging into it.  Could you
*please* setup an account for me on mirrors.trilug.org or perhaps copy
the RH 8.0 iso images to fatalpha?

Numerous folks here on the Front Range would thank you...  ;-)

thanks,
Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/edhill.php
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phone:  303-273-3483    Fax: 303-273-3311