[TriLUG] Mozilla mess

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Mon Sep 30 15:36:22 EDT 2002

I have a RedHat 7.2 box that has a big Mozilla mess on it.  I would like
to put Mozilla 1.1 on it.  It had the 0.9 version on it.  I could not
use the RPMs to install 1.1 because of conflicts with 0.9.  Then I went
to use the rpm -e option to remove the stuff.  I have it down to about
three RPMs installed but they are somehow crossreferencing each other.
I feel like I am in Mozilla hell!

nautilus-mozilla-1.0.4-47 cannot be removed because it is needed by
nautilus-1.0.4-47

but

nautilus-1.0.4-47 cannot be removed because it is needed by
nautilus-mozilla-1.0.4-47

this means that

mozilla-0.9.9-12.7.2 cannot be removed because of a dependency on
nautilus-mozilla-1.0.4-47

and

mozilla-nspr-0.9.9-12.7.2 cannot be removed because it is needed by both
mozilla and nautilus-mozilla

I tried the --force command but to no avail.  I also tried to force and
upgrade but no luck there either.  Any tips would be appreciated
--

Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5