Just checking (was Re: [TriLUG] job openings)

Mike Mueller mjm-58 at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 2 00:04:19 EDT 2002

On Tuesday 01 October 2002 20:44, Thunder Bear wrote:
> <snip> Those of you with an overwhelming fear
> of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden
> message revealed by reading this warning backwards,<snip>

Just because you say there's no hidden messages we're supposed to believe you?

.setunim 04 rof nevo mraw a ni ecalp dna ksihw ,setihw
 gge dna gemtun emos dda esaelp ,rorre ni liame siht deviecer evah
 uoy fI .step ruoy dna uoy sllafeb mrah on taht erusne nac uoy retupmoc
 ruoy dna flesruoy dnuora tlas fo elcric etelpmoc a gniruop yb ,revewoH

.tfosorciM morf ecitoN trelA
 taht erongi tsuj os ,sdrawkcab gninraw siht gnidaer yb delaever egassem
 neddih on si ereht taht nrael ot deifitarg eb lliw nwonknu eht fo
 raef gnimlehwrevo na htiw uoy fo esohT .uoy llet em tel ,emit deworrob
 no gnivil si rood txen eiplek eht hguohtla ,liame siht fo noissimsnart
 eht ni demrah erew slamina oN .derongi eb yam dna esu lacitammarg
 on ro lagel yna evah ton seod ti ,gninraw siht ni naht rehto erehwemos
 txetnoc tcerroc sti ni desu neeb sah noitalutauqsba drow eht sselnU

.sap xuaf laicos gnitatirri na setutitsnoc dna )ylticilpmi ro ylticilpxe
 rehtie( desirohtua ton si liame siht fo gniypoc ro noitubirtsid
 ,noitanimessid yna ,tneipicer dednetni eht ton era uoy fI .sfeileb
 suoigiler lanoitarri ro ruomuh fo esnes on ,meetse-fles wol htiw
 snosrep evitisnes ylrevo rof elbatiusnu ro degelivirp ,laitnedifnoc
 si taht noitamrofni niatnoc yam dna evoba deman )s(eesserdda
 laudividni eht fo esu eht rof dednetni si liame sihT :TNATROPMI

Wouldn't be proper to withhold the source, now would it?

#!/usr/bin/python
import sys

data = sys.stdin.readlines()
numlines = len(data)
print "Counted", numlines, "lines."
data.reverse()

li = 0
while li < numlines:
	newline = list(data[li])
	li = li + 1
	newline.reverse()
	del newline[0]
#	print newline
	numchars = len(newline)
#	print numchars
	sNewline = ' '
	ci = 0
	while ci < numchars:
		sNewline = sNewline + newline[ci]
		ci = ci + 1
	sNewline = sNewline[1:]
	print sNewline

Run it this way:
# cat msg | bkwds > revmsg
--
mueller, mike

The larger purpose of the economic order, including Wall Street, is to
support the material conditions for human existence, not to undermine and
destabilize them.

-Editorial, The Nation, August 19, 2002