[TriLUG] NIC driver for Intel 845GMax

Mike Mueller mjm-58 at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 2 23:49:53 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 02 October 2002 18:43, Kevin Hunter wrote:
> I have just received a box w/ a Intel 845GMax motherboard.  It has an
> integrated nic ( ICH4 chipset ).  I would like to install Red Hat
> 7.2.  I'm having trouble finding a driver.  Can someone point me to
> the best place to find it ?

When I Googled around I found things that suggested you might need to get a
2.4.20 kernel to get some help.  I found a patch for 2.4.18. RH7.2 may be too
old for you needs.  The ICH4 is a swiss army knife of I/O ports.  There was
not a lot of information.
--
mueller, mike

The larger purpose of the economic order, including Wall Street, is to
support the material conditions for human existence, not to undermine and
destabilize them.

-Editorial, The Nation, August 19, 2002