[TriLUG] Lulu Code Monkey job - sounds pretty open

Mike Mueller mjm-58 at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 3 10:58:04 EDT 2002

On Thursday 03 October 2002 10:10, Kevin Sonney wrote:
<snip>
> +1 - I actually asked if I could change my title at wZ to "code
> monkey" but they wouldn't let me. My alternate choice was "internet
> plumber," but that was shot down too....

+1 I chuckle when I come across hyperbolic titles.  What worries me are the
herds of good code monkeys in India, China, and Russia.  The half-life of a
code-monkey is rapidly contracting as a result of a depressed tech market,
possible deflation, and expanding talent pool.
--
mueller, mike

The larger purpose of the economic order, including Wall Street, is to
support the material conditions for human existence, not to undermine and
destabilize them.

-Editorial, The Nation, August 19, 2002