[TriLUG] Questions on dyndns.org

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Oct 3 13:09:16 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 12:54, Chris Merrill wrote:
> Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> > You still don't need the IP address in the httpd.conf, unless the box
> > has multiple IP addresses.
>
> Ahhh...maybe that's why I couldn't get it to work?!?
>
> My box has 3 network interfaces...resulting in IP addresses:
> 1. LAN -> Cable modem.
> 2. LAN -> other computer
> 3. WLAN -> wireless notebooks

In that case, you still don't need the IP addresses in the
NameVirtualHost config unless you plan to serve different web pages to
the three different networks.  (Most of the time you want the same web
site regardless of where it comes from, but there are other
possibilities, sucb as Intranet servers.)  You might need to do
something to make Apache listen on all three interfaces, such as the
"BindAddress" directive.  I dunno if there's a way to specify "all
interfaces" without explicitly giving the IPs.

--Jeremy