[TriLUG] TriLUG Auctions -- http://moya.trilug.org/cgi-bin/auctionweaver.pl -- Sparc and Alphas

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Oct 3 19:10:46 EDT 2002

Hi folks,

Early today on the list, Ryan Leathers donated his SPARCStation 5
system, which was on display at the Lulu Tech Circus, to TriLUG for an
"auction."   Thanks Ryan!

In addition, last spring, Ed Hill donated two Alphastation 255
workstations.  Although originally intended to be used in the TriLUG
cluster, we no longer have a need for them, thanks to several donations
of new hardware last summer.   Since one of the alphas has a few
problems, we're selling them together, so you can get parts from the
"sick" one.  The other one works great and was also demonstrated at the
Circus.

These systems would make a great addition to anyone's home server room!
Both run Linux, and run it fairly nicely too.  The Alphas have Red Hat
Linux 7.1 installed, and the Sun has Mandrake 7.2 installed.

If you'd like to bid on one or both of these items, see
	http://moya.trilug.org/cgi-bin/auctionweaver.pl
Also, there are more details there including links to spec sheets.

Note that the Sparc is a full system -- monitor, keyboard, mouse,
external CD-ROM, and external hard drive.  The alphas are just the CPU
units, but everything is PC-compatible.  This is the opposite of the
pictures on the web site. :)

Winner picks up their goodies at the October 10th meeting!  Any amount
spent over the fair market value may be tax-deductible, since TriLUG is
a non-profit 501(c)(3) educational organization.

Thanks for bidding!

Jeremy Portzer
TriLUG Treasurer