[TriLUG] DNS

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Oct 4 06:54:24 EDT 2002

Are you trying to make it so that other folks can access your interior
DNS server?  That's a weird thing to do... Forwarding TCP and UDP ports
53 from your firewall into your interior DNS server will make it look
like your firewall is a DNS server.

Are you really simply trying to make your interior DNS server able to
forward DNS requests so that it serves your interior network as a
caching DNS server?  If so, simply run NAT on the firewall and don't
block ports 53 for DNS and UDP.

In the config file for DNS you need to setup a forwards section.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes
===