[TriLUG] RH8 and Evolution Problem

Ken Mink kmink at hotpop.com
Sat Oct 5 02:09:58 EDT 2002

Hello Everyone,
  I am having a strange problem with Evolution under RH8. If I use
Evolution and then log out, Evolution won't start during my next
session. I get a dialog box and a message on STDERR.

Dialog Box:
Cannot initialize the Ximian Evolution shell: Configuration Database not
found

STDERR:
evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot access Bonobo/ConfigDatabase on
wombat: (IDL:OAF/GeneralError:1.0)

  As I write this, bonobo and wombat are running. Evidently, they don't
want to start a second time. I can't find a logfile that has any
evidence.
  This was a clean install of RH8. I chose the workstation option, which
completed without incident. My home directory was not reformatted from
the previous install. This behavior is occurring under both KDE and
Gnome.
  Rebooting to use email is damn annoying. Anyone got any ideas?

Ken